Alexa's hair-in-the-face look had been driving me nuts for quite a while. Her hair is really thin and it just looked scraggly unless I put it up in a ponytail. So I was going back and forth on whether to cut her some bangs or not. Yesterday I decided to go ahead and do it.
She was quiet when we first sat her in the chair, but as soon as the hairdresser put the cape thing (what is that thing called anyway?) over her, she started crying. It was so sad-- she had real tears and everything. Alexa almost never cries unless she is hurt or extremely tired, so I felt really bad. I came prepared with snacks and toys, but that wasn't doing the trick.
I just couldn't watch her like that so we decided to sit her in the stroller where she was more comfortable. I didn't care if she got hair in the stroller.
She finished up and Alexa was a happy girl again. Afterwards, I took her on her very first carousel ride. She really liked it.. Maybe next time we will try actually putting her on one of the horses.
I've still been able to e-mail the hubby every night. He is working really long days, but he's in his office all day so it could be worse. I've been really worried about him because his camp has been taking hits. So far, no one has been injured from these hits (thank goodness) but he says the enemy is getting closer every time. Just last night he told me they were hit 100ft from his building. He assured me everything will be ok and they have medics nearby, but as his wife and the mother of his child, I am going to worry regardless. I just want him to be safe and to come home to us alive and well. A 24-year-old should never have to worry about becoming a widow and raising a child on her own. I shouldn't have to think about how life would ever go on without him. I was naive to think he might be able to avoid going to Afghanistan. Things were going so well after Iraq; I just couldn't imagine another deployment... well here we are. And if you've been paying attention to news, you know it is getting deadlier out there by the day. This is not the time to be in Afghanistan.
To anybody reading, please send us your positive thoughts. I would truly appreciate it.



LOVE the pics!!! Alexa is such a doll anyway and the pics of her unhappy face are priceless! I must say, the idea of getting in the stroller is genius! I am pretty sure our next trip to Snip It's Alex will be be in the stroller after his meltdown.
ReplyDeleteI really can't give you too many uplifting thoughts since I have never been in even the slightest bit of your reality. Of course most people have thoughts of "what if my husband gets in a car wreck on the way to work" or "what is something bad happens" but your family (because this is happening to all of you) is in actual, not hypothetical, danger. And that is scary stuff. I don't know how you do it.
I can't offer the happy-go-lucky speech because that would be trite. What I can offer you is this: Alexa is a D.O.L.L! She is happy and thriving and just precious. So, as a mom, you are amazing. Kids pick up on stress and she seems to be picking up on the fact that her mom seems to be a strong woman who is fighting for her family at home, while her daddy is fighting for her family (and millions of other families) overseas. You are superwoman in my book. Really. With a cape and everything.
I will be sending you so many positive thoughts and prayers! I am close by, so you should, hopefully, feel them soon. Keep your head up and you smile bright. You are doing a wonderful job being the support to Alexa and your husband. Don't feel bad when you crumble, it is human and a sign of being acutely aware of how blessed you feel to have your life...and that is a cool thing.
Oh, I realize I came out of nowhere and sound like a crazy stalker-but I also have a blog (that I don't really keep too up to date) if you want to check out. Just so you know you I am not a weirdo.
www.thefranziafiles.blogspot.com
Hugs from Houston-
Jane
Thank you so much! You always have the nicest things to say.. Even though I don't know you personally, it really does make me feel better. :) You don't sound like a stalker at all. I'll be sure to check out your blog.
ReplyDelete