Thursday, July 15, 2010

Feeling better, and some birthday pictures

Today was a better day. Even though I know I won't be able to talk to Elias much from now on, I'm feeling a lot less emotional. Whatever happens, happens. I need to let go and realize that I can't control everything. I have no control over what he gets stuck doing in Afghanistan, which is a huge part of what stresses me the most.. but I have to learn to accept it. Whoever reads this must think I'm a total wreck. I promise I'm not. I'm fine most of the time because I've become pretty good at keeping myself distracted.

Speaking of distraction....

I thought I'd just start a new post to put up a few pictures from Alexa's party. It was small, but it was fun. And of course, the most important part-- daddy was there with us.

Please excuse my hair. Believe it or not, we got poured on earlier in the day before the party.. I'm talking torrential rain as we ran throught the Wal-Mart parking lot, and even with an umbrella we all were soaked head to toe. We had to grab a towel to buy so we could dry off. I was so relieved that there was not a drop of rain during the party.


2 comments:

  1. Hi-I found your blog from MM and started reading.

    All I can say is wow.

    Woah.

    Wow.

    You are one strong mama. Seriously. I don't know how you do what you do. Being with Alexa (who is a DOLL!!), missing your husband and worrying. And, yet, you still have a courageous, and upbeat, outlook. I will think twice (and thrice) before getting annoyed with my son for screaming in my face for the thousandth time....or with my husband for leaving his shirt on the bedroom floor yet again. Reading this makes me better in so many ways. So thank you. Without even knowing it, thank you.

    And your comment about your hair cracked me up! I am in Houston too and it goes without saying that we all look like drowned rats from April to September!

    Happy Belated Birthday, Alexa! The pics of her and the cupcake-cake were so precious!

    My son (who is Alex :) ) had his first birthday on June 9th-what a great age they are!

    Take Care-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! It is rough, and I never really imagined myself in this situation.. never even thought twice about how it feels to be a military wife, and now here I am in the middle of it all! But like you said, it really puts things into perspective. Even though we get annoyed with each other sometimes (like any other couple), now that he's gone it's like, Who cares! I'd give anything to have him here to get on my nerves right now! Haha.

    I'm glad someone can empathize with the Houston weather situation! It's been so yucky!

    Happy late birthday to Alex as well. :)

    ReplyDelete