Oh, Southern California. I miss it so much! I was eager to move because I thought I'd be happier around friends and family. In a sense I am, but here in the sweltering heat and humidity, I can't help but wish I was back in beautiful SoCal.
1. The beaches. So gorgeous, and so close. Laguna beach was close to our last apartment and it was a great place to hang out... tons of shops and restaurants right along the beach. Nothing here compares to Laguna.
2. Our non-infested apartment. Here in my current "home" I am trying to singlehandedly tackle fleas, ants, and the occasional roach. (Mom's on vacay.) Thank goodness they are not in my bedroom but I would like to hang out in the living room once in a while.. You know, barefoot, without having to spray flea killer or vacuum every single time. I am not Orkin woman. It's not fun for me. Our last apartment in Aliso was on the third floor, which I hated because hubby was gone most of the time and I had to lug Alexa and whatever I had with me up all those stairs. It sucked at the time but I would gladly trade it back for this icky bug situation. I never saw one critter in that place. Texas in the summer is the worst as far as pests are concerned.
3. The freakin' weather. Nuff said.
4. Not having to worry about driving through a bad neighborhood. Were there even any bad neighborhoods in our part of Orange County? Not that I ever encountered. Now, I'm going to be a worrier wherever I go, but I can't be here and not watch my back 24/7. I hate that feeling.
5. Living on base. We lived on base for about ten months. It was expensive (they take all your housing allowance) and we had a roommate (which I do not miss) but there were all sorts of things I liked about living there. I felt secure living on a military base and it felt very community-like. I had at lease one thing in common with everybody else there-- being part of a military family. Our living room and bedroom both had an awesome beach view, and the beach was right down the street. The commissary was also pretty convenient.
6. The mountains. I'm not one of those people who's really into scenery, but the part of Orange County we lived in has some great views. I can really appreciate it now that I'm in the flattest place ever. Yet the roads in Cali were smooth, and here they are all effed up. Makes no sense!
7. Location. Right between San Diego and LA. There's Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Sea World, Six Flags, San Diego Zoo, and plenty of other cool places all within about an hour drive.
8. El Pollo Loco. Sad, but I miss my BRC burritos and cheese quesadillas from the dollar menu. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment