HOLY CRAP. Elias is coming to town! I couldn't be happier right now!!! I want to pee my pants and run around screaming at the top of my lungs, LOL. That is true happiness.
Well if you've read my previous posts, you know that we *knew* that the hubs was not going to be able to visit before he deployed. This whole military way of life is such a roller coaster. When he left back in April, we didn't know how it would play out. They usually let everybody go on leave right before a deployment so they can visit their family and everything. So I was waiting on word about that.. I wanted to plan Alexa's birthday party on whatever date he would be here. He called when he got all his dates-- when he would get back to NC from training and when he would leave for Afghanistan. There was just so little time that he would have between returning from training and leaving again that he said it wouldn't be possible to visit. Boo. I was disappointed. I didn't have my hopes up but I was still sad knowing the last hug I gave him would be the last for quite some time.
I at least knew that I could go ahead with the party planning and the date didn't matter. The date changed plenty of times. I canceled and re-made reservations. The final date turned out to be July 3rd, for no particular reason other than it was the only Saturday that I could book the location.. so I went with it. Well the other day Elias said he would be getting back from training and then they get a 96 (four-day holiday weekend) for the 4th of July. I got sad knowing he would be off on the weekend of Alexa's party but he wouldn't be able to come. I figured he'd have work obligations (he always does) and we couldn't afford air fare anyway.
Early today I got a text message from Elias saying "Check on flights for July 2nd-5th." So I did, knowing that they would be too much for us to afford right now. BUT, there was one that was actually not bad. Then my hopes just soared and I thought how awesome it would be to see him again and for him to see Alexa again.
Well remember how I said I wasn't going to take any help from my mom anymore? I lied. I remembered how a while back she said she'd help out if Elias was able to have time off to visit, so I called her and told her the situation. She said to put it on her credit card and I can pay her back. I really didn't want to take anything from her again because she has a history of hanging it over my head forever, but this is the one exception. If her help means that I will get to see my hubby before he leaves for 7 months then I will gladly take it.
So the flight is booked! He will be here! YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Today is the best day ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment